Do you have a project or idea in mind that will engage Singaporean youth in conversations focusing on topics that they are interested in or passionate about? Will you be holding conversations with youth on topics that directly impact them? Will participants come from varied backgrounds and have a chance to express their views as well as hear from others? If you answered yes to these questions, then you can apply for funding under the National Youth Fund Grant Call for Conversations With Youth!
The National Youth Fund (NYF) champions and supports ground-up initiatives by Not for Profit Organisations, Schools and Institutes of Higher Learning, and Social Enterprises to co-create social change for the benefit of the community. Earlier this year, the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and National Youth Council (NYC) launched the youth conversations; a platform for youths to give inputs on issues that is close to their hearts and come-up with ideas for change.
Engaging youths and partnering them to have a say in co-shaping Singapore’s future is vital for a thriving society. NYC is looking to partner with youths and youth sector organisations to organise and host conversation platforms that will engage our youths in meaningful exchanges so as to:
- enable them to listen and share their views with their peers;
- appreciate the diversity of perspectives among their peers; and
- pursue community initiatives in areas that they are passionate about.
These conversations should be open to all youths to allow for interactions with youths from diverse backgrounds. The conversations should also involve youths to spark ideas for change that can bring the community together or benefit the society at large.
- Successful applicants will receive funding from the National Youth Fund of up to 80% of total allowable project cost capped at $5,000, to cover direct project costs.
- Additional funding may be given for outstanding projects that demonstrate innovative approaches and tools in the design of their youth conversations. This includes projects that also engage the youths beyond conversations to social actions.
- To encourage the use of innovative tools and modalities to design the youth conversations and its follow through to action, the NYF will also fund training and development cost to level up organisations’ capabilities to deliver quality engagements with youths. Interested organisations should include the training and development cost in their budget.
- Projects must be targeted at youths (aged between 15 to 35 years old) from diverse backgrounds and must involve Singaporeans/Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Projects must address youth concerns/areas of interest and engage youth in conversations and/or get youths to take action to lead or participate in projects to address issues.
- Conversation topics can include but are not limited to the following: Social Inclusion, Environment, Narratives of Success, Future of Work, Smart Nation, Mental Health.
- Types of projects that can be funded include:
- Platforms which allows youth to engage in meaningful conversation to share/hear diverse views and/or get involve in social actions based on the conversation topics; or
- Scaling up an existing impactful project that enables youth to express their views or learn more about issues they are passionate about
- Individual youths between 15 to 35 years old (at least two youths in a team). Team members should be Singaporeans/ Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Youth Sector Organisations (not-for-profit organisations, social service organisations, Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL), and social enterprises (SE) whose business primarily focuses on engaging and developing youths for the community).
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit National Youth Fund.